Human Performance Resources by CHAMP (HPRC) is a team of scientists, specialists, and support staff who translate research into evidence-based resources to help Warfighters and their families achieve total fitness and optimize performance, whether at home, in the office, or in theater. The HPRC team's work is showcased on this website, where you can find articles and other resources to help you optimize your performance in all domains of your life as a Military Service Member. The HPRC team also delivers in-person educational presentations and trainings and is involved in military community outreach.
Optimal performance is more than just being physically active and eating well; it’s a combination of psychological, social, familial, behavioral, nutritional, spiritual, and physical fitness—or Total Force Fitness. The resources you’ll find here will help you on your quest for total fitness and human performance optimization (HPO). HPO is the process of enabling each person to reach his or her optimal level of performance, become part of a successful team, and accomplish the team’s mission. The process applies knowledge, skills, and emerging technologies to improve and preserve the capabilities of Military Service Members, their families, and communities.
DoD’s mandate for HPRC:
- Translate and disseminate timely, accurate, scientifically based HPO information to commanders, Warfighters, medical personnel, and researchers.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration for all Human Performance Optimization (HPO) communities of interest.
- Can’t find an answer to your performance-based questions on HPRC’s website;
- Work with active-duty, guard, or reserve Military Service Members and would like to showcase HPRC materials on your base or installation; or
- Are interested in learning more about the educational presentations and trainings the HPRC team provides…
You can use our “Ask the Expert” feature to send us a question, and we will reply.