Once you have created all Food Cards and Beverage Cards, you can display them throughout your dining facility during meals. Follow these guidelines for placing Food Cards.
- Use only approved standardized Go for Green® Food Cards
- Make sure the Food Card is located near its matching food.
- Make sure the color code makes sense with the food it describes.
- If you think something was coded wrong, bring it to the attention of the Shift Supervisor or NCO.
- Display Food Cards and Beverage Cards in a clean, organized manner.
- Avoid displaying labels that are falling off, cluttered, or blurred.
For more best practices, read G4G Food Card Presentation
- Use the approved G4G signs instead of Food Cards in compact areas requiring multiple labels (such as a salad bar or condiment station)
Food Card Holders
Use Food Card holders as a G4G best practice to neatly display Food Cards in an organized manner.
Tip: Use your current Food Card holders if they’re the correct size and in good condition. The following table compares different Food Card holders.
(depends on quantity ordered)
|Fits large-sized cards (3.5" x 5.5")|
|Black Plastic Sign Frame With Suction Cup Mounting Clips||
|Expressly HUBERT® Clear Plastic Suction Cup Sign Holder||
|Fits small-sized cards (2.25" x 3.5")|
|Expressly HUBERT® Cling-IT™ Adhesive Sign Holders With Black Border||
|Expressly HUBERT® Clear Plastic Mini Suction Cup Sign Holder||
|Fits all sizes|
|Expressly HUBERT® Stainless Steel Dual Height Reversible Sign Holder||