If you’ve been referred to ADVet HOMME by your medical provider, contact us at ADVet-HOMME@usuhs.edu for access to VA health coaching or CHAMP health education services.
Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- Email address
- Branch and status (Active Duty or Veteran)
- List of Rx3 resources you were referred for (shoulder, low back, hip, knee, ankle, or other holistic resources)
All information is treated as confidential. Please allow up to 2 business days for a response.
Meet your ADVet HOMME Health and Exercise Coordinators
Corey Pegues, MS, ATC
Corey Pegues comes to the ADVet HOMME team with over 18 years of experience working with NCAA Division I athletes as an athletic trainer and physician extender. She worked to rehabilitate injured athletes, get them back on the field as quickly as possible, and motivate them to stick with their recovery programs while keeping them engaged with their teams. Corey likes to go to the beach, hike, and spend time with her family in her free time.
- Master of Science (MS) in Allied Health, University of Connecticut
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Kinesiology, University of New Hampshire
Cynthia Savage, MS
Cynthia Savage is a former kinesiology and health instructor with decades of experience in personal training and fitness instruction. She is a Certified Health Coach, having earned her certification through the Duke Integrative Health and Well-Being Coach program. Cynthia is a dog mom to 3, a competitive singles tennis player, and a fitness enthusiast who practices hot yoga, kickboxing, and hip-hop dance.
- Master of Science (MS) in Exercise and Health Studies, Miami University
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Dietetics, Miami University
Shannon Davi is a certified athletic trainer with experience in evidence-based research, injury prevention, and rehabilitation. She has worked with student athletes, U.S. Coast Guard Academy and U.S. Military Academy cadets, and active-duty Coast Guard members. Shannon’s favorite season is winter, and she often travels to New Hampshire’s White Mountains in her spare time.
- Master of Science (MS) in Athletic Training, Plymouth State University
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Exercise Science, Eastern Connecticut State University
Michael Smuda, MSAT, ATC
Michael Smuda is the ADVet HOMME project manager. A certified athletic trainer with NCAA Division I athletics and orthopedic surgery experience, he has extensive training and understanding of orthopedic injuries which include patient education, diagnosis, interventions, and rehabilitation. In his free time, Michael likes to hike, camp, and attend sporting events with his young family.
- Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT), University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Finance, Quinnipiac University