Vegetarian Fiesta Pizza
T-165-50 Meatless Entree
YEAST, ACTIVE, DRY
WATER, WARM (100-110°F)
FLOUR, WHEAT, BREAD
3 gal + 1-¼ qt
16 lb 8 oz
1 lb 7 oz
COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK
SAUCE, SALSA, MILD
10 lb 14 oz
BEANS, BLACK, CANNED, DRAINED, RINSED
1-½ - No. 10 can
4 lb 12 oz
JALAPENO, SLICED, CANNED, DRAINED, ROUGH CHOP
CILANTRO, FRESH, CHOPPED
CHEESE, MOZZARELLA, SHREDDED
3 lb 8 oz
CHEESE, MONTEREY JACK, SHREDDED
1 lb 8 oz
- Prepare all fruits and vegetables in accordance with guideline card A-G 31. Finely chop cilantro.
- Crust: In a large container, mix together yeast, sugar, and warm water; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixer bowl, with a dough hook attachment, add yeast/water mixture, flour, oil and salt; mix on low for 1 to 2 minutes until dough ball forms. Knead dough with dough hook attachment for 9 to 12 minutes on speed level 1 until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Scale dough into 8 (3 lb 6 oz) dough balls. Cover dough balls and let rise in proofing box set at 89°F (32°C) and 100% humidity for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Spray each perforated sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place dough balls on a lightly-floured working surface. Roll out each ball to a sheet, ¼-inch thick. Transfer one dough sheet to each perforated pan. Push dough firmly up the edges of each pan. Prick dough with a fork or dough docker.
- In an oven, on convection mode, par bake at 400°F (204°C) for 6 to 8 minutes. Use immediately in recipe.
- Sauce: Spread approximately 2-½ cups (1 lb 5 oz) of salsa on each par baked crust evenly.
- Pizza Assembly: Spread 2 cups (12 oz) of black beans, 2 cups (9-½ oz) thawed corn, ¼ cup (1 oz) chopped jalapeno slices, and ¼ cup (⅓ oz) chopped cilantro on each par baked crust. Top each pizza evenly with 2 cups (7 oz) of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup (3 oz) of Monterey jack cheese.
- In an oven, on convection mode, bake at 375°F (190°C) for 6 to 8 minutes until cheese is melted, bubbling, and slightly golden brown.
- Cut 4 x 6. Serve immediately or CP: Hold for hot service at 135°F (57°F).
- This recipe was developed using a Rationale Combi Oven set to convection mode. If using other models of combi oven or a convection oven, times may vary (using an older convection oven you may need to add a couple to few minutes to the cook time to achieve the desired end state for the recipe).
- In step 4, covered dough balls can also be placed on countertop, in a warm place (80°F (27°C)) for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours until dough has doubled in size.
- In Step 7, par baked pizza crusts may be frozen and stored for future use. If holding for future use, allow crust to cool completely. Wrap each crust in freezer safe wrap and store in freezer for up to one month prior to service. Unwrap and thaw prior to use.
- * Sugars represents the total grams of sugar in the recipe, naturally occurring and added sugar combined.
|Saturated Fat4.2 g|