To access G4G training sessions on the Sakai web-based training system:
G4G Training with CAC (recommended)
- Insert your CAC into the Reader and Click on https://apps.usuhs.edu/account-registration/
- Click on “Get Started” to create your account. You’ll notice that some fields will be automatically filled in with data from your CAC account.
- Enter your preferred email address to receive updates.
- In the “Approving POC email” field, type firstname.lastname@example.org and click on “Submit.”
- Review the information to make sure everything’s correct. Click on “Yes.”
- Click on “Close” to exit the system. Wait for a confirmation email from the USU Sakai Help team.
Wait for Approval
- Once your request is approved, you’ll receive an email with your USU Single Sign On (SSO) account information.
- The email you received will have your USU Single Sign On (SSO) account information.
- Follow the steps in the email to change your password, and the G4G Program Office will add you as a student to all (4) G4G training sessions. Please allow 2 business days.
Log into Sakai to Access Training (Wait 2 business days after you complete approval step)
- Log into Sakai to access the G4G training sessions at https://learning.usuhs.edu
- In the top right corner of your screen, locate the 6 boxes near your name.
- To the right of the boxes, click on “Sites.”
- Locate the training session(s) you’d like to add to your dashboard (YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO TAKE ALL TRAININGS). Please view training classes to determine which classes are recommended for your position).
- Click on the star to the left of each session name to select it. Note: You must click on every star to view all 4 G4G training sessions.
- Refresh your browser and wait for the training session(s) to display at the top of your screen.
G4G Training without a CAC
If you don’t have a CAC, you can still create a Sakai account and complete the G4G training sessions. Send the following information to G4GTeam@usuhs.edu
- Primary email address
- Recovery email address, in case you forget your password
- Supervisor name (supervisor requesting the training)
Once your request is approved, you’ll receive an email from the USU Sakai Help Team with your USU Single Sign On (SSO) account information. Go to Step #3 Log into Sakai to Access Training (above in CAC training)
NOTE: G4G courses can take up to 2 business days to display. If you don’t see any G4G courses listed under “Sites” or need help with other training issues, ask the G4G Team.
For technical assistance, email email@example.com.
If you’re looking for other materials to learn more about G4G, please visit G4G Materials to find documents, leadership briefs, and supporting papers for press and media.
The G4G Program Office maintains G4G Certification records for the following training sessions: G4G 2.0 Executive Summary, G4G 2.0 Program Requirements, G4G Staff Trainer, and G4G Coders. Each dining facility/galley must maintain their own records for the “G4G 2.0: What Dining Facility/Galley Staff Need to Know” training session.