Assembling Food Cards requires high attention to detail. The foodservice manager should double-check all assembled Food Cards. Food Cards identify the food or beverage name and related G4G codes (color and sodium). Accurate food cards are essential for a successful G4G program. Use the Avery sticky label template to prepare 3 labels for every food item so you have extras.
- Step 1: Code recipe.
- Step 2: Create a white sticky label using the template. Enter the following in the font style and size (pre-loaded in the template):
- Food or beverage name.
- Color code (abbreviated with G,Y, R) and sodium code (abbreviated with L, M, H).
- Note: Beverages are not coded for sodium.
- Step 3: Print labels in black-and-white.
- Step 4: Place Avery sticky label with food name onto the color Food Card.
- Step 5: Double-check the card to confirm the correct color and sodium match the food/menu item.
Published on: May 17, 2017